Sorry Friday… Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday just became our favourite days of the week.
The Government’s new Eat Out to Help Out scheme is kicking off on Monday 3 August, a month-long initiative dedicated to instilling confidence back into the dining community and to give back to the hospitality industry – one of the hardest hit sectors in the UK.
The statistics say it all. In April, 80% of restaurants were forced to close and 1.4 million of employees were placed on furlough. And based on a recent survey, just over 2 in 10 adults feel comfortable dining in at restaurants again.
With that in mind, the Eat Out to Help Out project is one we’re very keen to get behind here at Quandoo. And we’d love for you hungry Brits to get involved with us.
Everything you need to know about the Eat Out to Help Out scheme
On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays all throughout August, diners across the UK have the opportunity to receive 50% off their order at their favourite restaurants that have registered for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
What does that look like exactly? Every person at your dining party, including children, will receive their meal at half price (up to the value of £10).
For example, your morning coffee could cost you just £1.50 opposed to £3. Or, if you spend £30 on a hearty pub meal, you’ll be charged only £20. Extra Yorkshire pudding? Yes please.
As well as saving dosh, you’ll be helping to save the hospo industry. Registered restaurants can make weekly claims on the discount and be refunded within five working days. It’s a win win for everyone.
Double the fun with double Loyalty Points
That’s not all. To make it an extra delicious month, our Quandoo family has decided to pimp up the government scheme with an additional treat for our loyal UK diners.
Simply use the promo code HELPOUT and earn double Loyalty Points when booking at a participating restaurant through the Quandoo App. You deserve it.
Here are some other things to keep in mind…
• Alcohol is not included in the discount and you will be charged full price for any pints or cocktails ordered (not that that should stop you from an early week tipple).
• Tips and service fees are also not included. If you are in a position to give a little extra love to your local restaurant, please do!
• The discount is only eligible for customers dining in and does not include takeaway or delivery.
• There is no minimum spend and the scheme can be redeemed on top of other restaurant promotions and discounts.
• There is no limit to the number of times you can enjoy the discount across the month. Want to score 50% off your breakfast, lunch and dinner every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in August? More power to you.
• Restaurants can sign up for the scheme at any point across August. If your favourite place isn’t registered from Monday, that doesn’t mean it won’t be participating the following week.
• As well as restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars serving food, you can also reap the benefits of the scheme at football stadiums, shopping centres, theme parks, work and school canteens and even on trains.
Keen to register your restaurant?